Click a program title in the listing below to learn more,
Learn-to-Row – Sweep
Check back for additional dates through mid-late summer
Saturday May 21st, 2022
Early Morning Session – 7 AM – 9:30 AM
Late Morning Session – 9:30 AM – 12 PM
Spaces Available Per Time Slot: 6
In sweep rowing each rower holds one oar. Sweep classes are taught in an eight-person or four-person boat that are steered by people called coxswains. In this program, rowers will learn boat-handling skills, water safety, and will be introduced to the basics of rowing technique in a small group. There is no pre-requisite for this program, but you must be able to swim. Two times are offered per session, early morning or late morning.
4 Row – RowPass
New for 2022 – Experienced rowers can purchase rows in blocks of 4 and participate in-drop in rows when spaces are available! Scheduled small boat rows are available weekday mornings as well as Sunday mornings. RowPasses can also be used for sweep rowing drop-ins when space allows. All program participation must be scheduled at least 1 day in advance of the scheduled row through the online programming calendar. RowPasses are good for the 2022 on-water season.
4 Row Pass – $120
One-on-One Coached Sculling Sessions
Scheduled per athlete with coaches as available
Only available from mid/end May to mid/end Oct (on weekends in Fall Sept/Oct) due to water temperatures and light availability.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule after submitting your registration.
Prerequisites for lessons are,
- A current USRowing Waiver
- The ability to swim
- ROWERS CANNOT PARTICIPATE IN PROGRAMMING UNTIL REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE
- All participants must register with Regatta Central as part of the registration process (accessed by hitting the “Register” button above)
- All participants must sign a USRowing waiver which includes an additional fee of $9.75 for a USRowing Basic Membership
- To sign your waiver please go to:https://membership.usrowing.
- If you are already a USRowing Member,
- Choose “Individuals” > “Members” > “Sign Waiver”
- Login to sign your waiver or verify it has already been signed
If you are not a USRowing Member,
- Choose “Individuals” > “Join”
- Complete the form to sign up for a basic USRowing membership
- Under “Club or Team Name” enter “Farmington Valley Rowing Association” and choose us from the list – we are USR Member # 944
- You will then be asked for a club code to add yourself to our roster – it is, Club Code: R63XE
- The form searches the system to see if an account for you already exists – if it does not you will continue the registration process to sign up for your Basic or Championship (racing team see below) membership. (NOTE: A $9.75 admin fee is included as part of the basic membership. Visit USRowing.org for more information on how this fee is used, http://www.usrowing.org/membersonly/member-administration-fee)
- Your seat is not reserved until payment has been received. If paying by check, please make check payable to FVRA and send check to: 542 Hopmeadow Street PMB 101, Simsbury, CT 06070