Annual Memberships 2017
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN – Due by April 15th
*Registration not available on mobile devices
We have several types of club memberships available including racing, recreational and sculling. All options are listed below. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions about which membership option is right for you or to discuss a payment plan.
To register scroll to the bottom of the page, add your selected membership level to your cart and then continue using your RegattaCentral.com login. Please choose the pay by check method if possible to avoid additional processing fees from RegattaCentral. Thank you!
Membership dues must be paid by 4.15.17. $25.00 late fee after 4.15.17
- ROWERS CANNOT JOIN PROGRAMMING UNTIL REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE
- All participants must register with Regatta Central as part of the registration process
- All participants must sign a USRowing waiver which includes an additional fee of $7.75 for a USRowing Basic Membership or $65 for a Championship Membership
- To sign your waiver please go to: https://rosters.usrowing.
- If you are already a USRowing Member,
- Choose “Individuals” > “Members” > “Sign Waiver”
- Login to sign your waiver or verify it has already been signed
If you are not a USRowing Member,
- Choose “Individuals” > “Join”
- Complete the form to sign up for a basic USRowing membership
- Under “Club or Team Name” enter “Farmington Valley Rowing Association” and choose us from the list – we are USR Member # 944
- You will then be asked for a club code to add yourself to our roster – it is, Club Code: R63XE
- The form searches the system to see if an account for you already exists – if it does not you will continue the registration process to sign up for your Basic or Championship (racing team see below) membership. (NOTE: New as of 2016 – A $7.75 admin fee is included as part of the basic membership. Visit USRowing.org for more information on how this fee is used, http://www.usrowing.org/membersonly/member-administration-fee)
- RACING TEAM ONLY – If you plan to participate in USRowing Masters Nationals in August you will need to purchase a Championship Level Membership which is $45 for 26 and under and $65 for 27 and over. This allows you to participate and also gives you additional benefits. Visit USRowing.org for a full list, http://www.usrowing.org/about/membershipbenefits
- Your seat is not reserved until payment has been received. If paying by check, please make check payable to FVRA and send check to: 542 Hopmeadow Street PMB 101, Simsbury, CT 06070
Racing Team Membership
Men’s & Women’s Racing Team – Weekly Practices & Weekend Races
Prerequisite: Rowing experience
Cost: $500.00 ( + additional coxswain/coaching/race/trailering fees based off of participation & USRowing Championship Membership $65)
The primary goal of the racing team is to bring together a group of highly motivated athletes who will work together to perform at their highest potential. The biggest determinant of success will be commitment; commitment to the group and your personal improvement as a rower and athlete. The expectation is that all team members will train 5 days/week. Athletes who have little or no sculling experience will have the opportunity to learn early in the season with the goal of eventually being cleared to scull independently. Rowers will also learn how to cox to increase the flexibility of the team as a whole in making line-ups during practice time unless there are dedicated coxswain participants. A team coxswain clinic will be held early in the season to provide instruction and practice time. If rowing outside of practice time boats must be booked using our online booking system. Boats can be booked no more than a week in advance unless booking is being done for a regatta. Senior & student pricing is available. The Racing team membership does not cover regatta fees, boat trailering/rental costs, or uniforms.
The team has the opportunity to compete in approximately six sprint races (1k & 2k) and 4 fall head races (5k). Race participation is contingent on available team members and interest in possible boat entries ranging from singles to eights. Boat usage for races is coordinated by team captains and all team members will be given equal opportunity to race throughout the season.
All racing team members are required to volunteer at least 8 hours of their time to club programming throughout the year. This helps to build club outreach, bring in new membership and maintain our facility.
Cost: $300.00 ( + additional coxswain/coaching/race/trailering fees if participating in racing team + USRowing Basic Membership $7.75)
Must show proficiency in sculling and get approval from board member to access FVRA sculling equipment.
Cost: $400 (+ USRowing Basic Membership $7.75)
Recreational club members are given access to all club equipment and work together to coordinate group rows. No coaching is included in this membership but can be arranged with club coaches at a set practice time at an additional minimal cost per rower. Coxswains are also not included as part of boat privileges. Recreational rowers are invited to participate in early season coxswain clinics at no additional cost to build proficiency as a coxswain. All boats must be booked using our online booking system to allow for use by all club members. Boats can be booked no more than a week in advance. If sculling members, rowers must coordinate to row with a buddy and follow all recommended safety practices throughout the year. All recreational members must show proficiency in sculling and get approval from board member to access FVRA sculling equipment.
All recreational club members are required to volunteer at least 8 hours of their time to club programming throughout the year. This helps to build club outreach, bring in new membership and maintain our facility.
Cost: $250.00 (+ USRowing Basic Membership $7.75)
A full year membership for any individual who reaches his/her 65th birthday before 12/31/16. Senior rowers who participate on the racing team must pay racing team dues.
Cost: $725.00 (+ USRowing Basic Membership $7.75 per member)
Individual membership for all immediate family members living in the same household. Members under 18 years of age are limited to rowing with a parent or guardian and must be approved by a board member prior to participation.
Cost: $25.00 (+ USRowing Basic Membership – $7.75)
Access to all FVRA services and equipment for the entire rowing season with commitment to coxswain at least 3 times per week.
To register add your selected membership level to your cart and then continue using your RegattaCentral.com login. Please choose the pay by check method if possible to avoid additional processing fees from RegattaCentral.
NOTE: Don’t forget to sign your waiver (see top of page for more information)!